1st timer building. Confused with motherboards

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Lesley, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. Lesley

    Lesley

    This will be my 1st attempt to a build a computer and have pretty much made my decisions on what to throw in. At first I was going to use the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 ver. 3.3 but it's nowhere to be found. I'm not a gamer so I think one PCI express x16 is fine. The following is what I'll be installing:
    VISTA HOME PREMIUM
    StarTech 400 WATT Power supply
    Intel E6750 2.66GHZ 4MB 1333 BUS
    2 GB ram Don't know which yet
    Sound Blaster AUDIGY SE 24BIT (PCI)
    SAPHIRE 100218L RADEON HD 2600
    Samsung SH-S203B DVD R-W
    DVD R
    WD CAVIAR SE16 500GB
    19" WIDESCREEN AL1916WABD (DVI)
    Ethernet card (PCI)

    Thanks, Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Lesley, Oct 29, 2007