    I've also been getting errors out of S3 standby mode (Dr. Watson post moderm... Win 32 error), however I don't know if this is related.

    Is it the CMOS battery? I figure it's a possibility since the computer is around 4 years old. Any advice would be appreciated.

    System: Dell 8300, 2.6 GHZ, Pentium 4, 1.5 gigs ram

    Internet_Surfer, Aug 8, 2007
  2. Internet_Surfer

    Internet_Surfer

    Bump. This morning it seems like my cookies got cleared, or something-- I had to log in again to my frequented web sites. Also, a welcoming "please register" splash page came up on a program I use (maybe it does this when you first run the program or maybe its every few weeks, I'm not sure)

    This must be the CMOS battery, right? Can someone give me an opinion?

    Internet_Surfer, Aug 9, 2007