A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce2 SMBus Temp 126 deg centigrade ?!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Bill O, Sep 10, 2006.

  1. Bill O

    Bill O

    Hey Everyone,
    This is my first post, and I'm not real clever about certain technical aspects of computordom, so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

    I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe that I just got up and going the other day, and since I had some temperature issues with my old system, I thought I'd have SpeedFan read my new system's temps. Everything looked really good, all the readings were in the 20's and 30's Celsius EXCEPT two readings of 126 degrees Celsius! Holy cow that's HOT, I'm thinking. That's 259 degrees Fahrenheit for Pete's sake.

    According to SpeedFan, these two hotspots are on the LM75 chip, nForce2 SMBus, at addresses $48 and $49. Guys, this information doesn't mean ANYthing to me. It might as well be written in Egyptian heiroglyphics. So...does anyone out there know what this means and is my computor going to burst into flames at any moment, or what?

    I'm not overclocking (at least not on purpose) because I don't know HOW to overclock, but I'm not sure that overclocking would be the culprit anyway. I'm providing a list of what I'm running in this system:

    AMD Athlon 64 x Dual Core 3800+
    1 Gig Kingston Ram
    ATI Radeon X550 256mb PCI-E video card
    Thermaltake 550w Power Supply
    Antec P180 Advanced Super Mid Tower case with three 5" fans
    2 IDE hard drives

    If anyone can help me out on this, I'd sure appreciate it.

    Thank you all,
    Bill

    Bill O, Sep 10, 2006
  2. Bill O

    arostad

    Location:
    Minot, ND
    I have the EXACT same problem with the exact same motherboard... The only reason I installed speedfan was to find out why everything on my computer kept crashing. Well this might just be the reason why. Is there anybody else out there with this same motherboard that can give us a third reading??

    arostad, Sep 17, 2006