  1. b737fso

    b737fso

    I am considering buying an Acer 5672 but am concerned about the FAT32 HDD format. I know it can be converted to NTFS but have been told by Acer that eRecovery won't work under NTFS and have read about other problems following HDD conversion. Aside from security features, what performance would I lose by leaving the HDD in FAT32 format?

    b737fso, Aug 11, 2006
  2. b737fso

    Garet

    FAT32 file size is limited to 2GB, NTFS can handle larger files. The file system in general is quicker aswell. FAT32 was yesterday.

    Don't know why they decided to take FAT32... If you make a backup of the recovery you should be able to reload it afterwards, but do that before you change anything.

    I have the 5672 (which is a great laptop) but I changed the file system not knowing that I need to keep the file format.

    Greetz,
    Oliver

    Garet, Sep 4, 2006