advise needed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by darcness, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. darcness

    darcness

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2010
    advise needed with P5VDC-MX cmos

    Hy everyone and merry new year

    I trying my best to cope with my pc and upgraded it as much as i can afford to at present

    its a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
    with a P5VDC-MX mother board, 2 seperate sticks of ddr2 ram running at 533 ,
    i have treated my self to windows 7 and call of duty 2 modern warfare 2
    and a agp vtx radion hd 4650 1gig graphics card

    it plays left for dead 2 and call of duty well etc but every now and then it just freeses etc i have minimal back ground tasks booting or running etc
    so heres the probelm

    i flashed bios using the asus updater to version 809

    but i am really am a bit out of my deapth with the bios and every time i set the agp to 1gig etc in northbridge on the cmos the pc basically does not boot unitl iu reset to defaults and would be very greatful if someone could possible give me the best config i could use on this bios si sandra benbchmarker says pci leatency is 2 high etc but i dont have pci soundcard s or pci-e graphic card etc i know its a old mother board and set up and thers lots of better stuff but would be greatful if someone could help me thanks for reading this ;):)

    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    darcness, Jan 6, 2010