asus - boot block

Discussion in 'Asus' started by markgarett, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. markgarett

    markgarett

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have tried to update my bios to rev 1011 beta 002 (file 1011c.002) downloaded from your website using aflash.exe (v2.21)
    I chose option 1 - save my current bios
    then I chose option 2 - update bios without boot block as escd
    it failed
    so I tried to load the current bios - and it wouldn't work either
    *when I booted up it gave me an error message from 'award bootblock'
    I did some more research and made a boot disk with aflash
    this time I wrote aflash /boot
    i chose option 2 - update bios including boot block and escd
    but it still hasn't worked

    please help - I have some urgent work I need to do on my computer
    what can I do to fix my bios?
    regards
    Paul K

    markgarett, Feb 20, 2008