ASUS MB gone bad

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dragonsbreath, Sep 4, 2009.

  1. dragonsbreath

    dragonsbreath

    I have had 2 so far ASUS motherboards go wonky on me, multiple things went out the first time, i thought it was the CPU at first, ran all the usual tests and reset the motherboard tried a different cpu different memory and still nothing, but then i took the Motherboard out and swapped in a new one but after two weeks of trying to deal with Intel to replace the cpu, i decided to retry the whole system 1 last time, and it fired up to reveal the video socket was defective no problem it's got two, i used the second one, but then i wanted to upgrade the memory as i have 6 /GIGs and Vista 64Bit, but kept getting beeping code that
    the ram was defective (at least the socket was, then other things went south on it
    so i called ASUS 1-800 number...OH YEAH THEY DON"T HAVE A 1-800 NUMBER!!!
    so i called the $3.00 a minute long distance call to tell me the board is defective... thanks for the heads up...well a mear 3 or 4 weeks later i had what i thought was a new motherboard except i sent in my original box as i was told in an email only to recieve a FED/EX box and a Refurbished (DEFECTIVE )motherbaord
    that was suppose to be able to power my QX6850 Extreme Edition CPU
    it couldn't, i would lock at different times and different reasons including the bios
    3 different hard drives 3 different tyupes of ram different parts nothing worked, as i only had 1 cpu which was new i took it to a shop to test to find out the motherboard is defective
    i contacted ASUS, only to find we won't fix it under warranty because the cpu pins are bent, and considering i shiiped it EXACTLY the same way they sent it to me
    either fedex or ASUS BENT them, needless to say they want me to cough up $90USD to fix a piece of **** thats DEFECTIVE,
    so much for the warranty although it isn't 100% all lost situation it really isn't looking promising so i believe this will be my VERY LAST and never again ASUS motherboard
    i have been building computers for about 15 years i did phone support for HP
    i'm not a noob, i know how to do this buti also know in my eyes the top manufacturer has
    dropped to the bottom of the heap
    i'm not even sure i could trust what ever they were to send me if for some weird reason they decide to send me a replacement MB...
    will it be new?? or another defective Refurb? or without CASH you get nothing!...
    i have already planed the replacement MB or i will just sell my parts and take my beatings
    and go
    :eek::mad::eek::mad:

    dragonsbreath, Sep 4, 2009