Asus TUF Gaming B550 -PLUS WIFI II AM4 ATX Motherboard - Blue Screens

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by adrezs69, Oct 7, 2024.

  1. adrezs69

    adrezs69

    CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    WD - SSD (BLUE) Boot Drive
    Also - Standard 3.5 Seagate Disk for additional space
    Video - GeForce RTX™ 2060 OC 6G
    Memory - CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
    DDR4 16 GB (2 X 8GB)
    Windows 10

    Question: If the CPU is faulty, can it cause intermittent Blue Screens or instability/slowness, screen blanking etc or will the PC not boot at all?

    LONG STORY SORRY

    Symptoms:
    After installation of a game by his son, the machine became unstable, really long time to boot, hourglass when trying to do anything, Blue Screening, screen going blank basically un-usable.

    During the Boot process the Diagnostic LED's cycle through normally and NONE of them stay on

    upload_2024-10-7_11-5-0.png

    Thinking it may be corrupted Windows 10
    Disconnected All the existing drives to retain the data
    Connected a NEW Samsung 1TB QVO SSD
    Started the build process, got to the reboot after the initial file copy, it Blue Screens,
    every time I restarted the Build Process there is various Blue Screens
    - Critical Process Died
    - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    NO 0x Codes appear

    Thinking there is a hardware fault
    I have replaced the following, with NO Change
    - Power Supply
    - Motherboard
    - Memory Modules
    - Tried Different Samsung SSD, 128GB SATA SSD, also Samsung 128 M.2 SSD
    - I have tried a different PCI-E X16 Video Card also

    The only item NOT replaced is the CPU, could a faulty CPU cause these problems?

    Thank You

    adrezs69, Oct 7, 2024