Bios update power failure

Discussion in 'Asus' started by rob, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. rob

    rob

    I own a hp a1610n desktop
    I was updating my bios with a bios update recommended by the HP site
    My power went out in my apartment while the bios was updating.
    my motherboard is a ASUS A8M2N-LA
    When I start my computer it says on a black screen with white text:

    Award BootBlock Bios v1.0
    Copyright (c) 200, Award Software, Inc.

    BIOS ROM checksum error

    Detecting IDE ATAPI device ...
    Found CDROM, try to Boot from it ... Fail

    Detecting floppy drive A media
    INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER_

    Anything I can do?
    Since it recognizes my CDROM is there a bios boot disk or drivers I could put on a disk?

    rob, Oct 5, 2009
  2. rob

    southwestukjay

    try this w w w.biosman.com/
    BIOSMAN Inc :: AMI BIOS RECOVERY, AWARD BIOS

    southwestukjay, Oct 12, 2009
  3. rob

    southwestukjay

    and this
    h ttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&rule=20852&product=3239117&dlc=en&docname=c00007682

    southwestukjay, Oct 12, 2009