Dimension 2400 No Bios Help!!

Discussion in 'Dell' started by 237, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. 237

    Dell Dimension 2400 Bios Problem

    I had installed a new HD which developed a problem and had to be sent back to the manufacturer for testing.
    It was found that the HD did in fact contain bad sectors and the HD was replaced.
    I then installed the new HD but on doing so tried to get to Bios and was unable to.
    On pressing F12 I am taken to a screen which only has a box at the top with fast boot or keyboard error as well as other details.
    The PC will not go into the Bios and if I press F2 all I get is a blank screen and the PC just sits there doing nothing.

    All I want is to be able to load the O/S onto the system but without getting into the bios I cannot get the Disc to boot first rather than the HD.
    If I put the disc in the disc spins up but then stops and nothing happens.

    I pulled the Cmos battery and jumped the pins and restarted again allowing sufficient time for the Bios to recognise any changes but still will not go into the Bios.
    I have changed the ide cables again no difference.

    Can anyone at least shed any light on this problem and be able to advise on what the problem could be as I am absolutely stumped? I don’t want a technician to have this PC only to find something stupid that I did not try or do.:confused:

    237, Sep 10, 2008