    I have found that when I keep the power plugged in at the mains, that the computer will come on right away when hitting on the on button, but when taken out of the mains it will go through the on off on process. Maybe its checking the power connectivity or something?

    Please share and tell how to solve this problem step by step

    Thank U

    golf1410, Nov 13, 2006
  2. golf1410

    golf1410

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2006
    Power Cycle or Cycling the Power — Turning the power off, and turning it back on again. If there is a power switch, this is the preferred way to power cycle, however for some NETGEAR devices the power cord is simply taken out and then put back in again. Because some devices carry an electric charge for a few seconds after having their power taken away, with the possible result of not really being power cycled, it's common to leave a device unpowered a few seconds before starting it again — anyway, it never hurts to wait a little.

    Most NETGEAR devices that are powered off are not functioning at all. However, other devices, such as many computers, are not powered off until their plug is removed from the wall. Be careful not to physically modify the insides of a computer that is still plugged in — even if the power switch is off.

    Is it the same thing happen to my motherboard call Power Cycle?

    golf1410, Nov 16, 2006