Ignorant question...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by kinsca, Nov 13, 2006.

1. kinsca

kinsca

I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 and I cannot figure out why the Fn key sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Or at least it seems that way. I am sure it is actually operator error in some way, but...

I have used the Fn key to put the laptop in "hibernate" a couple of times before, but now it doesnt want to do it. And I cant use the Fn key to check the battery status either anymore. Any ideas on why this is? The key still seems to work with controlling the volume, screen brightness and such...

It's definitely not of huge importance, but I am just curious why it all of the sudden seems to not want to work...:confused:

Also, would anyone know why the little bar menu for volume in WindowsXP went away? It used to pop up when using the Fn key to control the volume, but it doesnt anymore. It was just nice to see where the volume adjustment was without having to click on the speaker icon in the tray.

Thanks so much!

kinsca, Nov 13, 2006
Ask a Question