K8V SE Deluxe Mobo

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vidic, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Vidic

Vidic

Quick question:

I've had a lot of experience installing RAM in the past, and recently bought a new Crucial 512mb "CT6464Z40B 184-pin DIMM DDR PC3200 CL=3 UNBUFFERED NON-ECC DDR400". My current system has exactly the same DIMM installed, bougth 12 months ago.

I installed the DIMM and when booting up the system recognizes 1gb of RAM installed, as does the system properties screen in My Computer. Here's the thing...

Every so often the system Blue Screen's. I've tried running each chip independently (ie, so that there is only one DIMM installed at any one time) and both work fine with no problems and definitely no Blue Screens, so each DIMM appears to be working correctly on it's own. But when running them together after a period of time, boom, Blue Screen appears. I've tried installing the RAM in different slots, but the problems still exists. Is there anything any of you guys think I should do/have done to make it work?

Cheers, Vidic

Vidic, Nov 20, 2006
  2. Vidic

Vidic

Well you lot were a load of bloody help weren't you?

Vidic, Nov 22, 2006
  3. Vidic

Vidic

Bump!

Anybody??!!!

Vidic, Nov 23, 2006
Ask a Question