M2NPV-MX no Post

Discussion in 'Asus' started by GlojoPSU, May 14, 2008.

  1. GlojoPSU

    GlojoPSU

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    :mad:
    I have the following equipment:

    M2NPV-MX Motherboard
    OCZ DDR2 RAM
    Western Digital Caviar 500GB HDD
    AMD Athlon X2 (Socket AM2)
    Apevia X-Cruiser Case
    Apevia Beast 680W Power Supply

    Checked the wiring, and it is wired correctly, but no Post. The first CPU was a brand new- out-of-the-box X2 5200, and the second tried was another brand new X2 3200. This was because according to the ASUS tech, the BIOS for the Mobo was too old for the 5200. SO I tried the 3200 and still no post.

    Please send me an email as follow up. [email protected]

    I get no video, no beep, nothing, although the HDD does begin to spin, and the green power light on the motherboard is lit. I know I am getting power and that the power supply is fine, and I presume the memory is fine, since I checked it against ASUS specs, and I tried it in several configurations, with no post.

    Any ideas before I RMA the Mobo? HELP!!!!!!!!:eek:

    Last edited: May 15, 2008
    GlojoPSU, May 14, 2008