M2NPV-VM motherboard limited or no connectivity

Discussion in 'Asus' started by breimer, Apr 7, 2009.

  1. breimer

    breimer

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2009
    I assume I'm using the wrong drivers for this, but I've searched everywhere and no matter what I try, nothing is working. So here I am.

    I put together a new PC for my boss a couple of weeks ago and I received his old computer. The only problem was I had to format the computer and he didn't have a CD with the drivers. I tried some freeware program that gets the drivers off the PC and then moves them over to the new one with no dice.

    After a fresh install of XP Service Pack 2, I installed 8.26_nforce_winxp_international. It didn't work initially, but if I changed the duplex setting in the driver to Force 1000 full duplex, it worked. It worked fine on Thursday night of last week. Took off for the weekend and came in Monday with the notification of "limited or no connectivity" with a wired connection, I have no wireless connections on this computer. No internet access and no access to shared folders on the domain, pretty much making my computer useless.

    Restore/format didn't help either.

    I've tried a bunch of different ethernet drivers with no luck.

    Can anybody point me in the right direction? I was going to email Asus but I have yet to find their tech support email.

    Also, I should point out, this computer was working perfectly fine for my boss before I received it.

    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    breimer, Apr 7, 2009
  2. breimer

    breimer

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2009
    And I come in this morning and everything works fine. I did have to change my driver to Force 10 half duplex, but I now have a working computer again.

    breimer, Apr 8, 2009