Mobo die after Battery Replace

Discussion in 'Abit' started by phattZz, Nov 5, 2006.

1. phattZz

phattZz

hi im new here. done abit of searching and cant quite find what im looking for.

MY PC
    AMD Athlon X2 64bit 4600+
    ABIT AN8 Sli Mobo
    Mushkin 3200 Redline 1024 TwinX
    Albatron Nvidia Geforce 7800GT
    Sndblaster Audigy 4

recently my pc has been crashing alot and i thought it was a graphics drivers issue. after updating my drivers and it kept crashing i tried testing my ram-no errors. on boot is says Checksum error - loading defaults. so i took the cmos battery out and put it back in. (the pc was not pluged in for future reference). and after that i just get a blank screen on boot. the digital display reads 9.0. i looked it up from http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/common_ques_pop3.php and tried resetting the bios using the jumpers. i also tried another power supply and of course a few different batteries from working pc's.
    So does anyone know after trying all the obvious things what the problem might be? i honesty only took the battery out and put it back in. didnt touch anything or do anything out of the ordinary.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated as i have exams coming up and need my pc!.
    ps: i can probably get it replaced on warranty as its only 1 year old.

phattZz, Nov 5, 2006
Ask a Question