Mobo die after Battery Replace

Discussion in 'Abit' started by phattZz, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. phattZz

    phattZz

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    hi im new here. done abit of searching and cant quite find what im looking for.

    MY PC
    AMD Athlon X2 64bit 4600+
    ABIT AN8 Sli Mobo
    Mushkin 3200 Redline 1024 TwinX
    Albatron Nvidia Geforce 7800GT
    Sndblaster Audigy 4

    recently my pc has been crashing alot and i thought it was a graphics drivers issue. after updating my drivers and it kept crashing i tried testing my ram-no errors. on boot is says Checksum error - loading defaults. so i took the cmos battery out and put it back in. (the pc was not pluged in for future reference). and after that i just get a blank screen on boot. the digital display reads 9.0. i looked it up from http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/common_ques_pop3.php and tried resetting the bios using the jumpers. i also tried another power supply and of course a few different batteries from working pc's.
    So does anyone know after trying all the obvious things what the problem might be? i honesty only took the battery out and put it back in. didnt touch anything or do anything out of the ordinary.

    ANY help would be greatly appreciated as i have exams coming up and need my pc!.
    ps: i can probably get it replaced on warranty as its only 1 year old.

    phattZz, Nov 5, 2006