Moving RAID from Intel D955XBK to Asus PW5 DH

Discussion in 'Asus' started by SteL, May 27, 2007.

  1. SteL

    SteL

    Joined:
    May 27, 2007
    Hi,

    I just bought an Asus P5W DH as an upgrade from my Intel D955XBK so I can use a Core 2 Duo CPU.

    I currently have three SATA 320Gb drives running in RAID5 on the Intel's ICH7R, and since the Asus has the same southbridge I was thinking I might be able to just plug my existing RAID array into the new Asus and have everything working without having to start from scratch.

    I'm not an expert in these things, but it sounds like wishful thinking to me. I don't want to just go ahead and try it in case I mess up my array - spending a day reinstalling Windows and my programs/data is not my idea of fun.

    So, is this going to work? What do I have to do to get my current RAID5 on my Intel board working on my new Asus board?

    Thanks,
    SteL

    SteL, May 27, 2007