my burning process keeps failing

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by hello_world, Mar 23, 2007.

1. hello_world

hello_world

Hi everyone,
    I have just built a new pc with ga-965p-ds3, e6300, 7600gt video card, 1gb ram, 1 400gb sata, 1 160gb sata,1 dvd rom(ide),1 dvd burner(ide). My problem is when I tried to burn dvd, the process kept failing, I tried many kinds of disc but it didnot work out. I post my file log for the burning process and some pals told me that my current transfer mode for my burner is not dma while my hard drive mode is dma, and they suggested me to change my burner into dma mode. But when I went to device manager, my sata hdd is the only thing in ide ata/atapi controller at master channel(I could not see my burner).but when I run tool info of nero, I saw my burner is in gigabyte controller. So what should I do to be able to make my burner work? How can I check if my system is functioning well?what setup should I make for my bios?
    By the way, my system seems to be slow to start up, I did turn off some unnecessary application at startup menu but the problem has not gone.
    Thanks in advance.

hello_world, Mar 23, 2007
Ask a Question