Ok im a noob i know

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Wblack24, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Wblack24

Wblack24

Ok so i bought the ASUS A8N-VM mb today and I really dont know a whole lot about computers but Im good with assembling and whatnot. ANyway, I got my motherboard out and wrote down everything like what goes where. Ok so I go to put the new one in and im pluggin up all the parts. I get to the part where I have to plug the power button and front LED lights in...I have absolutley no clue where to put them. There are 5 pin slots on the top and 4 on the bottom for my connector except the row on the mb has 19 pins! I went through every single one, just about evertything! Nothing worked. However, a good sign i guess is the fact that the green light came on I guess that means power is getting through to my MB. Help would be awesome. Please respond thanks!

Wblack24, Jul 29, 2006
  2. Wblack24

Wblack24

guys please i need help badly. Im very frustrated

Wblack24, Jul 29, 2006
  3. Wblack24

cpu2hot

Power connectors A8N VM

I have the same board the instructions are on page 1-28 of the manual I have 4 sets of wires goin to the 2 lines of contacts when installed properly the sides of the plugs with writing on them face the edge of the motherboard

red. .
    ide led white . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    powe switch orange. .
    white . .
    . .red
    reset blue . . speaker
    white . .black

I hope This Helps its crude but makes sense to me

cpu2hot, Oct 13, 2006
  4. Wblack24

cpu2hot

It changed the text display so it doesnt look right but when i clicked on to post this it came up in the proper shape so try clicking that you were going to quote it in a reply

cpu2hot, Oct 13, 2006
Ask a Question