P4S533 misdetecting multiplier for P4 2.8 533fsb

Discussion in 'Asus' started by rkieley, Nov 12, 2006.

  1. rkieley

    rkieley

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    I recently purchased a P4 2.8 533fsb 512k cache cpu for my p4s533 motherboard. According to the support page this should work fine as long as I have bios version 1009 or better. I've tried both 1010 and 1011.001 (shows as 1010 beta 005) but after initially allowing me to select 2800Mhz they auto set it to 1600Mhz upon reboot.

    It looks to me like it's defaulting to a 12x multiplier so I can also run it at 1200Mhz which of course doesn't help much. CPU-Z reports that the cpu is Stepping 9, Revision D1.

    So the question is, is this stepping and revision supported? If so, what do I need to do to get it to properly detect the multiplier? Note that I'm running @ 1600Mhz with no problems here now.

    Has anyone had a similar experience or have any ideas?

    From Intel's site:
    Processor Specifications:
    sSpec Number:
    CPU Speed: