p5e3 bios problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by G1zm0, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. G1zm0

    G1zm0

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008

    ok heres a bit of my spec

    asus p5e3 mobo
    2x1gb ocz ddr3 1066 ram
    intel 3.0gb core 2 duo 45nm

    i got this board on december and i updated bios to take the new cpu, after a while it started crashing with blue screen of death with codes like irq not greater or equal to.

    so i looked on asus site it says it wasnt compatable, but since it ws working i looked for new bios, so i noticed asus released bios 1002, so i got that and put it on my usb key and went into ezflash2 and flashed it, sofar so good.

    it rebooted and posted(showing hds) but didnt boot into windows.
    so after trying it again it does same thing even with different bios files, ive tryed clearing cmos.

    i put motherboard dvd into drive (pioneer 115) and rebooted, nothing happend so i changed boot drive to the dvd rom drive, all it does is show me a utility in fdos to format a floppy (havent got one)
    it doesnt go in to crashfree 3 bios program.i also insertved vista and it loads that sofar than hangs.

    anyideas how i can get this to work? ive lost reciept so cant take it to shop,is the board scrap or can i get new bios or summin?

    help appreciated

    G1zm0, Jun 5, 2008