Problem with the GA-8I945P-G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by TACCIO, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. TACCIO

    TACCIO

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Computer will POST occasionally. Computer will not recognize Monitor. Everything is seeded on the board securely. When the Computer finally boots to Windows, it will shutdown after 10 minutes. In Safe Mode, it worked for over 2 hrs. The PSU is a 4 year old 350W PSU. We switched PSU's and now it won't POST at all. We also swapped the CMOS Battery. The Motherboard is only 2 yrs old. We tried to re-install Windows and the PC hung after pressing the space bar to boot from CD. Is the PSU too small to handle the MB's Load? A 650W PSU has been Ordered and Shipped.

    Model Name : GA-8I945P-G
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.02
    BIOS Ver : 2.2
    Serial No. :
    Purchase Dealer :
    VGA Brand : ATi Model : X1300
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : P4 Speed : 3.4
    Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
    Memory Brand : Type :
    Memory Size : Speed :
    Power Supply : 350 W