raid driver won't load

Discussion in 'Asus' started by bowlesbe, Nov 1, 2008.

1. bowlesbe

bowlesbe

Hi there,

I am trying to get my p5b-deluxe raid intel driver loaded properly during windows installation. The floppy does work (i can see it and use it on this computer). I formatted it in FAT on this computer, then tried to make a raid driver floppy by booting from the motherboard cd. It said that it could not read from the floppy due to seek error. I dont know what is going on here.

I had previously been successful in this endevour. In actuality, I thought the floppy was good (I had used it last time for a raid install) but for some reason it is refusing to recognize at the point I have to press f6.

The only difference between now and previous is that before, I had a RAID 0 + 1 situation with two disks (two different partitions on two disks, RAID 0 and a RAID 1 partition). Now I just have on double disk 500GB RAID 1 partition and I am trying to install XP on single velociraptor hard drive.

If anyone can give any suggestions i would appreciate it!

ben

bowlesbe, Nov 1, 2008
Ask a Question