Ram help for Asus mb

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Fruty, Jul 25, 2007.

  1. Fruty

    Fruty

    Please, I had ASUS P5PL2 Mother-Board, with Pent.4 CPU
    2.8 / 1 mb cash, it have 4 slots for RAMs, DDR2 SDRAM , it
    works fine with 1 mb RAM (2x 512 mb PC2-4200 DDR2)
    I upgrade to (2x 512 mb PC2-5300 DDR2 ) it works Fine,
    When I upgrade to (4x 512 mb PC2-5300 DDR2) which means
    2 GB Ram, The Computer did not startup , even the Monitor
    is black, only the LED power is on.
    When I remove (2x 512 mb PC2-5300 DDR2) Left only 2 rams
    which are 1 GB, it works fine, SO, What is the problem
    here ???? Any Help Please welcome.
    My Opreting system is Win XP Media center.
    THANKS.

    Thanks alot

    Fruty, Jul 25, 2007