RAM Upgrade Questions

Discussion in 'Asus' started by famblycat, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. famblycat

    famblycat

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Hello everyone. I was hoping you could help with a question I have.

    First, here are my specs:

    Motherboard: ASUS P5K SE
    RAM: 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 (PN OCZ2P800R22GK)
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    O/S: Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit

    I'm looking to upgrade my RAM. It looks like I have 4 slots. My questions are:

    1) What is the maximum I can put in there?
    2) Can I add RAM alongside the ones I already have, or do I need to replace them?
    3) What is the best kind of RAM to get for that motherboard?

    Thanks in advance.

    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    famblycat, Dec 28, 2009