SATA Config Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by phb5000, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. phb5000

    phb5000

    I recently purchased a new computer system running an Asus P5B board and an Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 ghz cpu. I have a problem regarding the configuration of the BIOS and hard disk drives.

    My configuration is as follows:
    - IDE harddrive (boot disk / 120 gb)
    - SATA harddrive (data disk / 200 gb)

    All I wish to do is be able to boot my system off my IDE boot disk and access my SATA harddrive from within my OS. I do not wish to use RAID or any other special features regarding drive configuration. Please instruct me on how to configure my drive cables and my BIOS settings.

    My new OS installation has been successfully installed on my IDE boot harddrive. When I attempt to connect my SATA harddrive, using default BIOS settings, the BIOS Auto-Detects the harddrive but seemingly stalls.

    I attempted running my SATA in a different system, and worked directly with no problems whatsoever.

    /Philip

    phb5000, Oct 15, 2006