Sata to IDE Converter Problem..

Discussion in 'Asus' started by burris, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. burris

    burris

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
    I was given an ASUS mobo P5LP-LE-Leonite. This was removed from an HP A6013W (RX886RA) and I know it is a proprietary board for them.

    I have XP Pro/1GbRam. The mobo has 4 Sata ports and 1 IDE slot.

    I use 2 HDD and 1 CD/DVD.

    First I thought I could h/u the HDDs to the Sata-IDE converters-plug them into the Sata ports and save the CD for the IDE slot.

    Any of the 3 units work on the IDE ribbon, but when I convert any of them, although the BIOS seems to recognize them, they won't boot and even when they show up in device drivers, when clicking on them, the PC freezes requiring a cold boot.

    I have tried every combination of jumpers..nothing. I now have both HDD on the ribbon cable with no problem but can't seem to convert the CD to work in the Sata port.

    Hopefully someone will have an answer or suggestion or I will pop in another board with all IDE slots.

    Thanks....

    burris, Apr 29, 2007