Unknown processor K8T Neo

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ancientoneuk, Jul 15, 2006.

1. ancientoneuk

ancientoneuk

Finished installing my first 754 setup tonight and having problems getting the 2600+ Sempron to be recognised.

I am quite impressed with the board as it will only be a stopgap until I go AM2 later on, BIOS is a bit touchy but then MSI stuff usually is from my own experience.

Will I be able to overclock this?

Setup:

Sempron 2600+ E6 rev
    Artic Freezer 64 Pro
    MSI K8T Neo (just plain Neo)
    2x512 Corsair Platinum DDR400
    s3 s8 Nitro 256 AGP
    2x40Gb DiamondMax Maxtor HDD on P-ATA

Or should I just use and abuse it and wait until AM2 is in my grubby little box...

Cheers

AO

ancientoneuk, Jul 15, 2006
  2. ancientoneuk

ancientoneuk

I swore to myself when my old K7N2 died killing my very limited build Athlon XP-M that I would avoid MSI and here I am thinking on that maybe I should stick with the other board, the Asus K8V-X that I bought by mistake...

Unknown processor still abounds, 2.2 BIOS update installed, fixed the problem of only seeing 512Mb of RAM and now see 2048 of RAM.

BIOS update also wrecked the DDR400 speed of my two 512Mb's and now they run at 266, sluggish system is not the word but still works well enough to get by until my handpicked twinned Crucial Renditions 1Gbs turn up next week.

(I will be putting up a 512Mb DDR400 Corsair XMS ultra low latency oin eBay next week, runs at 2-2-2-6 and are hard to find)

It was a big leap from cutting edge overclocked Socket A to a Sempron 754, I cant complain as board, chip, artic freezer heatpipe, ram cost less than £100 delivered but got stitched up over Sempron as was advertised as 3000+ and was a 2600 (new in box) £31 delivered, the Neo unopened and the RAM £14 for the Corsair brand new (512Mb XMS) and the Artic Cooler was only £15 brand new so 754 is def cheaper than socket A...

AO

ancientoneuk, Jul 15, 2006
Ask a Question