Unrecoverable BIOS crash

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Xmas9, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. Xmas9

    Xmas9

    Asus P4P8X (AMI bios)
    When I booted:
    ..Checking NVRAM
    Overclocking failed!
    then the death blue screen appears (error 0x0000007E, I don't remember clearly)
    When the restart button is pressed, everything went black
    I also tried to boot from a floppy disk, but it won't even boot or let me in the BIOS

    Then:
    I remove the cmos battery, wait 20 min, then place it in, and power on, it started, I run BIOS and set default settings but it didn't work
    So I repeat the same action again and use the BIOS recovery from the support CD, recovery was successful but when I reboot, evrything was back from the start (all black again), I repeat several times, but now even if I remove the cmos battery and put it in, everything's still black.
    This time it stucks, really. Please help me. Thank you everyone.

    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
    Xmas9, Oct 23, 2006