Upgrade to Core 2???

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by grady, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. grady

    grady

    Location:
    NE Washington
    I have a Gateway 700XL (7/2002) - Intel Lexington 2 mobo w/ 2.53mh P4.

    I have upgraded almost everything but the motherboard already.
    Radeon 800X video card
    2 SATA drives (RAID-0)
    500 watt power supply etc.

    I want to get one of the new Intel D975XBX Core 2.

    motherboard Intel-d975xbx

    What I need to know is -

    Will this work? :confused:

    And

    What would be the best CPU to use with the new board? :confused:

    Thanks...

    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
    grady, Oct 17, 2006