Video Driver Error?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by spcepickle, Sep 1, 2008.

1. spcepickle

spcepickle

Hi - I am running a Dell Latitude 630 with windows XP. I live in Jamaica where the power is not so clean. I was running my computer plugged in when we got some flickers. Soon after (2 minutes maybe) my computer locked and I got the blue screen on death. I restarted my computer and the monitor showed 6 different screens each showing the same thing. I could start my computer up in safe mode and several restarts I got it to start up in standard mode and give me one large screen. Windows told me the error was with my video driver so I downloaded the driver from Dell and installed it. It seemed like my problem was fixed for about 20 minutes. My computer froze again - blue screen again. Now when I start my computer I have a one in 4 chance of getting it to start normally, a one in four chance of getting just a blank black screen and half the time I get the mini screens and can only start in safe mode. I have a better chance of a normal start up if my computer is cold.

I have tried removing the driver and reloading with no change in the computer behavior.

Any incite would be welcome. Thanks for reading my long story.

Amelia

spcepickle, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question