wxp not installing asus pc-dl

Discussion in 'Asus' started by gheil, Dec 10, 2008.

1. gheil

gheil

i am trying to install WXP on a asus pc-dl mobo (with dual XEONs installed) ... So far no luck. i have installed successfully W2K and Ubuntu. i have tried with a Dig & Analog video card (nVIDIA PNY gFORCE4 in agp slot) and an analog only (S3 TRIO/VIRGE card). i have taken out the audio card. i have switched off in the BIOS everything i could see related to the RAID HDD section... Under all circumstances WXP asks all its questions and afaick installs successfully. But when i go to execute the installation it first shows the WXP splash screen then goes completely bank on both the A & D video channel. i can get into repair mode so i know the partition is there and active. i have seen on the net various complaints, mostly about the Promise RAID, about this board - but all successfully installed WXP...

gheil, Dec 10, 2008
  2. gheil

gheil

Is there someway i can bypass the problem, or diagnose the problem eg in the CLI?

gheil, Dec 11, 2008
  3. gheil

gheil

Perhaps i should change a file in the recovery console?

gheil, Dec 11, 2008
  4. gheil

gheil

Or a BIOS setting.
    BTW is there a good way to document a BIOS setting?

gheil, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question